The Building and Construction Trades Council of Alameda County is a coalition of 28 affiliated unions representing workers in various construction trades.
The BTCA works with affiliated unions to:
• Increase the market share of construction work for union trades men and women in Alameda County
• Negotiate Project Labor Agreements with local agencies and governments to ensure skilled workers are employed, labor standards are upheld, and the community benefits from jobs created by development projects
• Endorse candidates for elected office who support the goals of the Building Trades Council and its affiliated unions, and campaign for labor-friendly candidates
• Build unity among the different building trades unions
• Promote Union Apprenticeship programs to train the next generation of skilled workers
• Work in alliance with other labor unions, labor councils and state and national labor federations to build solidarity